Helping youth face the obstacles in their path to find their purpose in life.
Opportunity to discover a new direction in life.
Preparing youth to be leaders in their community; to lead their generation to a new standard in life!
Empowering youth to become responsible, effective citizens.
Does Mentoring + Leadership Make a Difference?
ALL youth have the potential to succeed in life and contribute to society. However, not all youth get the support they need to thrive.
Mentoring + leadership benefits youth in many ways such as:
- Improving self-esteem
- Keeping young people in school
- Helping to improve academic success
- Leading young people to resources they might not find on their own
- Providing support for new behaviors, attitudes and ambitions
- Increasing young peopleâs ability to seek and keep jobs
WHAT WILL WE DO?
- Participate in fun activities such as Wii, Ping Pong, Basketball, etc., etc.
- Work with caring adults who will provide input on current challenges
- Receive guidance as to how to take Â action to better your life.
- Improve your leadership skills!
- Answer these questionsâ Who Am I? Where Am I Going? How Will I Get here?
WHEN:Â Monday Afternoons
TIME:Â 4:00 pm â 5:30 pm
WHERE: The Salvation Army, 1615 Meridian Street, Anderson, INÂ 46016